One of SVA’s greatest strengths is the diversity of our student body and the enrichment of our learning environment through that diversity.
Our 300+ young women represent a variety of faith traditions and ethnic backgrounds that reflect the
vitality of our urban communities. In the 2011-2012 academic year our students were:
- 66 percent black or African-American
- 27 percent Hispanic
- 1 percent non-Hispanic white
- 6 percent Asian or multi-ethnic
- 45 percent Roman Catholic
- 70 percent from single-parent homes
Amidst this diversity, the most striking traits are the
ones our students share: a passion for learning, a
dedication to family, a respect for community and a
desire to excel.